Home Get started Pass Plus Show / Tell Prices Contact Us Links

Getting Started

Getting your Provisional Licence

Before driving on a public road, you will need a valid Provisional Driving Licence. The Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) application form (Form D1) can be obtained from your local Post Office but you can also apply online from the 'Direct Gov' site

You can apply for your first British provisional driving licence online if you:

  • are a resident of Great Britain
  • can meet the minimum age requirement
  • can meet the minimum eyesight requirement
  • are currently not prevented from driving for any reason
  • can pay by Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Electron, Delta or Solo debit or credit card
  • have a valid UK passport or another form of identity
  • can provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years

The Theory Test

The Theory Test is changing!

From Sept 28th 09, some car & motorcycle multiple choice questions will be given as a case study

The theory test is made up of two parts; the multiple choice part and the hazard perception part. You need to pass both parts to pass the theory test. Once you have passed the theory test you can then apply to take your practical driving test.

You can get further details from the Theory test section on the Direct Gov site

You can also book the theory test online from the booking section on the same site

The Practical Test

Once your driving has reached an suitable level, you will be wanting to get your driving test booked. The timescale for bookings can vary one month to the next depending on the number of other learners applying around the same time. You should not just go ahead and book the test before checking that a car will be available first!

Home Get started Pass Plus Show / Tell Prices Contact Us Links

For Driving lessons with professional instructors in
Hull and all surrounding areas
Call us: (01482) 329222 | E-mail admin@academydrivingschoolhull.co.uk